* Registration open until 4/21/23 at 12:00 AM (EST)
The Federal Clean Air Act, Section 608, requires that persons who service air conditioning and refrigeration systems containing regulated refrigerants be certified through an approved Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) course. Chadwell Supply offers Universal Certification through the ESCO Institute. This class concludes with a closed-book exam.
Students must bring a photo ID and calculator to the test. A smartphone’s calculator cannot be used.
Students are strongly encouraged to study the provided materials prior to the class. Certifications are awarded based on exam results from four sections of the EPA608 exam: There are four sections to the exam. Candidates must pass the Core section of the exam before receiving any type of certification.
The four types are:
• Type I – Required for servicing small appliances. Must pass the Core and Type I sections of the exam.
• Type II – Required for servicing or disposing of high-pressure appliances, except small appliances and MVACs. Type II is required to service HVAC equipment. Must pass the Core and Type II.
• Type III – Required for servicing or disposing of low-pressure appliances. Must pass the Core and Type III.
• Universal Certification – Must pass all four sections of the exam.
Lunch will be provided by Chadwell Supply
Class Time: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM
Members: $200 pp
Non-Members: $250 pp
Would you like to sponsor lunch for this class? Contact the Association Office for more information